InvestingHaven’s research team screened 136 China stocks currently listed in the USA, and selected the top 5 China stocks which are worth considering in 2018.
The original article has been edited here for length (…) and clarity ([ ]) by munKNEE.com – A Site For Sore Eyes & Inquisitive Minds – to provide a fast & easy read.
China stock 2018 #1: Sina Corporation
Based in Shanghai, Sina Corporation (Nasdaq:SINA) was founded 19 years ago and has emerged as a leading Internet-based media group, providing Chinese-language news, web portals and services, e-mail access, as well as a variety of value-added services for the mobile telephone market. The word SINA is actually a translation from an original mandarin word meaning “new wave”.
Sina operates four major business lines:
- Sina Weibo (a twitter equivalent social networking platform which was IPOed away Weibo (Nasdaq:WB) in 2014 in order to capitalize on the wave of social media.
- Sina Mobile,
- Sina Online,
- and Sinanet
with a combined registered users of 100 million worldwide.
This is another cup pattern visible on the monthly chart of SINA. We do not think it is difficult to reach 140 by 2018. For the unexpected downside, 113-116 is an important short-term support zone while failure to do so, we do not rule out price getting as close as possible to ~104. We maintain the bullish stance unless price structure change abruptly.
China stock 2018 #2: 58.com Inc.
58.com (NYSE: WUBA) runs classifieds and listing platforms that enable local merchants and consumers to connect, share information and conduct business in China.
- This website contains local information for approximately 480 cities across various content categories, including jobs, real estate, used goods, automotive and yellow pages.
- Users can browse and search for free local information that they need.
- Both consumers and merchants can also post content for free. The content includes job resumes, real estate rental and sales listings.
The monthly chart shows that its price has broken the previous resistance of ~84 although the Jan 2018 candle is not completed yet. If we treat the entire structure as a consolidation, the upside is really unlimited. In more realistic terms, our 2018 projection for WUBA is ~101. If a reversal takes place, 85 is the crucial support zone, failure to do so, the next level of support lies ~79
China stock 2018 #3: Bitauto Holdings Limited
Bitauto Holdings Limited (NYSE:BITA) is a leading provider of internet content & marketing services, and transaction services for China’s fast-growing automotive industry. The company manages its businesses in three segments:
- its advertising and subscription business,
- transaction services business
- and digital marketing solutions business.
Bitauto’s advertising and subscription business provides a variety of advertising services mainly to automakers through its bitauto.com and taoche.com websites as well as corresponding mobile applications. These websites and mobile applications:
- provide consumers with up-to-date new and used automobile pricing and promotional information, specifications, reviews and consumer feedback.
- Bitauto also offers subscription services via its SaaS platform, which provides web-based and mobile-based integrated digital marketing solutions to automobile dealers in China. The platform enables dealer subscribers to create their own online showrooms, list pricing and promotional information, provide dealer contact information, place advertisements and manage customer relationships to help them reach a broad set of purchase-minded customers and effectively market their automobiles to consumers online.
- Its transaction services business is a leading automotive transaction services platform in China, which provides e-commerce transaction services to automobile dealers and online automotive financial platform services to consumers and financial institutions including banks, auto finance companies and insurance companies.
- The digital marketing solutions business provides automakers with one-stop digital marketing solutions, including website creation and maintenance, online public relations, online marketing campaigns and advertising.
Although the cup is not completed yet, and there is no guarantee that it will [continue] forming, Investinghaven still sees…[considerable] potential in it. After all, this is all about getting in early in order to ride a big trend. The bullish target for 2018 will be ~54 provided price goes up progressively. If reversal happens, 33 will be the immediate support follow by 26 – 27.
China stock 2018 #4: 500.com Ltd
500.com Limited, (NYSE:WBAI) incorporated on April 20, 2007, is an online sports lottery service provider in China. The Company:
- acts as an aggregator and processor of lottery purchase orders from its registered user accounts and derive substantially all of its revenues from service fees paid to it by provincial sports lottery administration centers for the purchase orders of sports lottery products that it direct to such centers.
- …offers an integrated suite of online lottery services, information, user tools and virtual community venues to its users.
- …provides its registered users with a range of lottery sales services that include Individual Lottery Purchase, Lottery Pool Purchase, Automatic Tag-along Purchase, Recurring Purchase and Locked-in Lottery Number Purchase. This sort of entertainment is definitely appealing to the public and we see more growth in the next 2-3 years as long as this company produce different lottery games to meet the need of its customers.
It is very obvious that the price of WBAI is making yet another attempt to break the downtrend line. If the current level of 12.1 is breached, we see price going ~15.2 followed by ~20. Bearishness appears if there is a failed or false break above the current resistance level. ~9.7 is the next support and breaking below 8.2 implies the downtrend will continue.
China stock 2018 #5: China Life Insurance Co Ltd
China Life Insurance Company Limited, (NYSE:LFC) incorporated on June 30, 2003, is a life insurance company. The Company:
- provides a range of insurance products, including individual and group life insurance, health insurance and accident insurance products and
- operates through four segments:
- Its life insurance segment offers participating and non-participating life insurance and annuities to individuals and groups.
- Its health insurance segment offers short-term and long-term health insurance to individuals and groups.
- Its accident insurance segment offers short-term and long-term accident insurance to individuals and groups.
- Its other segment reports the results of the insurance policy management services that it provides to China Life Insurance (Group) Company (CLIC), and the sales agency services that it provides to China Life Property and Casualty Insurance Company Limited (CLPCIC), as well as the results of its associates, joint ventures and subsidiaries.
- has approximately 220 million individual and group life insurance policies, annuity contracts, health insurance and accident insurance policies in force.
This stock is chosen because it is also listed in Shanghai Stock Exchange. We see the potential in insurance industry as there is a need to protect us against health, accident and our properties.
The monthly chart of LFC can be seen as a potentially massive bull flag in the making. Price is currently consolidating along the median line of the channel. Our bullish projection for 2018 is ~26 but if the current consolidation consumes more time than expected then the same target could only hit in 2019. On the flipside, the bearish scenario kicks in once a reversal happens, immediate support zone is ~15 – 15.50 followed by ~12 and ~9.80 respectively