Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos is…in first place in terms of global net worth (at around $167.7 billion)…[which is] over 2 million times the net worth of the median US household. That is twice as high as during the so-called ‘Gilded Age’.
The original article has been edited here by munKNEE.com for length (…) and clarity ([ ])
Bezos’ net worth, according to Bloomberg, stands at around $167.7 billion as of last night’s close (up $67 billion or almost 70% year-to-date).
Here are six ways to put that $67 billion gain into context (via Bloomberg):
- It’s more than the entire market capitalization of FedEx Corp.
- Bezos’s gain this year alone would make him the seventh-richest person on Earth, ahead of Mexico’s Carlos Slim and Alphabet Inc.’s Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
- It’s about the equivalent of Walt Disney Co.’s blockbuster bid for most of the assets of 21st Century Fox Inc.
- His wealth has increased by an average of about $8 million an hour in 2018.
- It’s roughly 10 times Amazon’s total net income since it went public in 1997.
- The 499 other billionaires on the Bloomberg ranking have added a net combined $8.3 billion to their fortunes this year.
The Amazon CEO’s fortune is over 2 million times the net worth of the median US household.
That is twice as high as during the so-called ‘Gilded Age’.