If you see yourself as someone who ‘thinks for yourself’ and have wealth to protect I strongly recommend you spend time listening to George Soros. I particularly recommend this given that he delivered this address in June, and because I believe we are now getting to the point where we can see the lights of the train as it comes ever closer to where we are standing on the Eurozone (and world) economic track. Words: 655
So says Ian R. Campbell (www.StockResearchPortal.com) in paraphrased excerpts from one of the components of his subscription service* which is presented here with his kind permission for posting on www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!). This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Campbell goes on to say, in part:
- minute 34 in his address what he calls “an arcane clearing system” called Target 2 that, should the Eurozone break up, he believes will cause problems between the:
- Central Banks that are creditors of the Eurozone Central Banks on one hand, and
- Eurozone Central Banks as debtors on the other.
This is potential contagion at a different level than I have been focused on, in circumstances where I have been focused on contagion problems I think may be faced by investment banks and hedge funds should the Eurozone be materially altered or, at an extreme, break up;
- minute 44 of his address what he calls an “inflection point”;
- minute 45 of his address where as I listened to him, in June he:
- forecast that the Eurozone will not break up because he believes a Eurozone break-up would leave Germany with large uncollectible credits from other Eurozone countries, and
- predicted a continuing Eurozone where Germany is even more dominant and advantaged than it has been as a Eurozone member to date; and,
- minute 51 of his address, where in June 2012 Mr. Soros expressed “tremendous concern” that the process of dealing with the Eurozone financial crisis is taking too long to address. As you listen to this:
- recall that he said this in June,
- know he then said that three months from then the situation ‘will deteriorate’ if politicians do not “act ahead of the curve” instead of ‘behind the curve”, and
- consider that in the past two months (of Mr. Soros’ three month period) not a lot has changed in the context of Eurozone political activism.
When listening to Mr. Soros, I suggest you do not dismiss what he says on the basis that he is a ‘vested interest’ speaker who is simply saying what he says to influence the financial markets, and hence put more money in his pocket. Mr. Soros acumen and financial success is the reason he ought to be listened to – in circumstances where at his age I suggest it is extremely unlikely he is prepared to ‘risk his reputation’ by saying something he does not believe, simply to make a few more dollars.
In summary, I consider Mr. Soros’s address one of the best I have listened to in the past two years.
- Go here to receive Your Daily Intelligence Report with links to the latest articles posted on munKNEE.com. It’s FREE!
- An easy “unsubscribe” feature is provided should you decide to cancel at any time.
*(The above is just one of many of Stock Research Portal’s daily commentaries, critiques, ‘Think for Yourself’ challenges and ‘Speak For Themselves’ World Headline summaries. Subscribe now to receive our full, unabridged newsletter.)
Why People Are Going Nuts Over The New George Soros Speech On Europe]
Editor’s Note: The above article may have been edited ([ ]), abridged (…), and reformatted (including the title, some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. The article’s views and conclusions are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original article.
Other Soros Articles:
When a major global player with direct ties to the White House, Wall Street, and the banking system starts off-loading stocks and starts stacking gold, it suggests a very serious market move is set to happen – and that is just what George Soros has done according to his latest 13-F report filing. [Should we buy more gold too?] Words: 484
George Soros…is more concerned with surviving than staying rich…He doesn’t just mean it’s time to protect your assets. He means it’s time to stave off disaster. As he sees it, the world faces one of the most dangerous periods of modern history—a period of “evil.” Europe is confronting a descent into chaos and conflict. In America he predicts riots on the streets that will lead to a brutal clampdown that will dramatically curtail civil liberties. The global economic system could even collapse altogether. [Perhaps] we should be, too, [but as] we have often explained, [such comments ar nothing more than] the fear-based promotions of the power elite to frighten the middle classes into giving up power and wealth to globalist institutions. Let us explain.
There’s a bewildering amount of advice on how to invest…so it’s worthwhile, especially in today’s volatile markets, to take a look at what has actually worked, as opposed to what people claim works. We’ve collected some of the finest wisdom on markets from the most respected and successful investors, past and present. Words: 865
Question: What asset has appreciated more than any asset since the year 2000? Answer: Farmland – by 1,200%! [George Soros and Jim Rogers have recognized that fact and invested accordingly. Here is what you need to know to do likewise.] Words: 974