Many investors are concerned about what will happen to the future of their 401K, IRA, or other tax-sheltered account and, as such, are looking for safe-havens for their long term savings and retirement money. Fortunately for gold/silver buyers, there is good news. Current rules allow investors to…actually own physical gold/silver coins (or bars) in your retirement accounts. [Let’s take a look at] how it works. Words: 1022
This article is presented by www.FinancialArticleSummariesToday.com (A site for sore eyes and inquisitive minds) and www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) for information purposes only. It may have been edited ([ ]), abridged (…) and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. The author’s views and conclusions are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original article. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor. Please note that this paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Hamlin goes on to say, in part:
Here’s How It Works
Let’s say you have an IRA with $50,000 in it, and you don’t like the risk of the stock market or the pathetic returns offered by savings and money market accounts. You can transfer that IRA money into a special Precious Metals IRA Account and use the $50,000 to buy physical gold or silver bullion. The funds are spent by your IRA custodian to purchase the bullion on your behalf, and then the bullion is stored in a secure vault in a US-based depository in your name. Those coins will sit there on the shelf in that vault with your name on them until you choose to take a disbursement from your IRA. That disbursement will be governed by all the normal rules on eligibility (including age, qualified expenses, etc.).
The good news is that if things ever get really bad and you’d like to take physical possession of your gold/silver yourself, you can tell the depository to ship you your coins/bars (subject to any appropriate penalties) and take an early distribution. It’s just like taking a cash distribution from your IRA, except instead of getting a check in the mail, the coins are shipped directly from the depository straight to your door within a couple days of your request. Pretty simple!
As always, any first-time buyer that invests in gold and silver and mentions the “GoldStockBull” website will receive a FREE silver coin with their first purchase, and that includes IRA purchases! Call us at 800-558-4671 to get started.
Details about Different Kinds of Accounts
1. Traditional IRA’s
· You must store the metals in a third party depository until you take a disbursement from your IRA
· You can create and fund a new IRA, or rollover an existing IRA
· Only a few IRA custodians allow for Precious Metals IRA Accounts (most IRA custodians are not flexible enough to allow for precious metals purchases), so contact us for help on choosing who to work with.
2. Roth IRA’s
· These are treated like traditional IRA’s, except your tax liability and distribution rules are different because you’ve already paid taxes on the money.
3. 401k plans
· If you have an old 401k from a company you’ve left, you can roll that over into an IRA and put the money into precious metals.
· If you are self-employed, you can have a self-directed 401k that allows you to put your money into gold and silver, and you aren’t required to store the metal at a depository (you can store the metal yourself)
· If you have an active 401k and you are not self employed, contact us to see if your 401k rules allow you to put money into physical gold and silver
Getting Started – 4 Steps
- Open a new IRA account with one of our recommend IRA custodians.
- Contact us for more information on choosing a custodian.
- Depending on which custodian you choose, you will also pick a 3rd party secure depository to store your metals at. Popular options include Delaware Depository Service Company, Dakota Depository, and Idaho Armored Vaults. Storage fees will vary based on your custodian and account size.
- Fund your new IRA account. You can fund your new IRA account with a check or bank wire from your personal funds, or you can rollover funds from your existing IRA account.
- (For 401k rollovers and other advanced rollover options, please contact Cornerstone’s president Chad Roach at 800-558-4671.)
- Once your new IRA Precious Metals account is funded,
- place an order with us for the precious metals coins/bars you would like to buy.
- Once you finalize the order with us, your IRA account will pay us for your order, and we will ship your metals to the depository in your name. You’re done!
1. Will my current IRA custodian let me put money in precious metals?
- Probably not. All the major IRA custodians generally aren’t set up to oversee accounts like this, so you will have [to] transfer funds from your current IRA into a Precious Metals IRA account.
- The primary custodians that handle Precious Metals IRA Accounts are Entrust, Sterling Trust, and GoldStar.
- Contact us and we can put you in touch with the right person.
2. What Depository should I choose and how much will it cost?
- [What depository you choose is] up to you and your IRA custodian.
- Most depositories charge $100-200+ per year for insured storage, depending on the amount of metal being stored.
- We recommend Dakota Depository, but it’s up to you to search for the depository that suites you best.
3. What happens when I close my IRA or I want to take delivery of my metal?
- When you are ready for the metal to be shipped to you, you notify your custodian that you want to take a disbursement from your IRA account. (It’s like taking a cash disbursement, just with gold/silver coins instead.) The depository storing your metals will ship your metals to you, and your account custodian will help you pay any applicable taxes and fees.
- If you want to cash out your gold and silver, then call us and you can instruct the depository to deliver your metals to us, and we will send a bank wire with your funds.
For more information, visit www.CornerstoneBullion.com or call 800-558-4671, and don’t forget to mention “GoldStockBull” for your free silver coin!
Please note, we are not financial representatives and nothing in this article is intended to be construed as advice or recommendation of any particular financial decision.
- The “best of the best” financial, economic and investment articles to be found on the internet
- An “edited excerpts” format to provide brevity & clarity to ensure a fast & easy read
- Don’t waste time searching for articles worth reading. We do it for you!
- Sign up HERE and begin receiving your newsletter starting tomorrow
- You can also “follow the munKNEE” on twitter & Facebook
*http://www.goldstockbull.com/articles/gold-silver-and-your-ira/ (Sign up for FREE email updates or click here to view the portfolio/newsletter (paid content).)
I have an IRA. How can I invest in gold and silver? It is quite easy! Yes, I am talking about actual physical gold and silver, not “paper” gold, or certificates, or paper promises. Words: 621
Some physical gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion assets, in addition to traditional paper assets, can be part of your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or Roth account and they can be bought and sold with no tax consequence until you move money out of the account. [This short articles reveals just what bullion assets can, and cannot, be included.] Words: 573
The notion of government raiding personal retirement accounts for funds may seem extreme…but other governments have done it. Argentina did in 2008, Ireland has indicated it might [and the U.S. might well do so as it’s] financial crisis worsens. This article puts forth reasons why it is possible they would undertake such a grab or ‘confiscation’ of your retirement accounts and how they likely would go about implementing such an event. Words: 700
Will the laws and rules in place to protect individuals in their attempt to set something aside for retirement be safeguarded by the representatives elected to advocate for them in Washington? Will the principles and moral integrity of the political class keep them from appropriating the trillions of dollars held in 401k’s and IRA’s? I’m not so sure! Words: 1207
Hank Paulson, the Goldman Sachs bankster/US Treasury Secretary, who deregulated the financial system, caused a world crisis that wrecked the world financial system is writing in the New York Times urging that the mess he caused be fixed by taking away from working Americans the Social Security and Medicare for which they have paid in earmarked taxes all their working lives. Wall Street’s approach to the poor has always been to drive them deeper into the ground. Words: 777
Mandatory IRAs as proposed by the Obama Administration is just the 1st step in stealth nationalization and forced investment of our retirement benefits to support the treasury debt market! [As such,] every American with substantial retirement assets must [begin now to] protect themselves from having to become buyers of last resort for US treasury obligations. [Let me explain.] Words: 6349
The Obama administration is “taking the first steps to confiscate retirement dollars,” according to Dr. Jerome Corsi who predicts that the end result will be retirees with 401(k) plans holding near-worthless government debt “that will be paid off in a devalued currency worth … pennies on the dollar.” Words: 839
“If one believes that the deployment of Guaranteed Retirement Accounts are reasonably probable”, Blasi maintains that “then the remaining action item in such a scenario would be to coax the public into personally assuming the debt the rest of the world was refusing to accept,” and asks: “If the beliefs of many regarding activities conducted by ‘The President’s Working Group on Financial Markets’ (Plunge Protection Team) are sound, could not this same entity be utilized for such theoretical events as those described? Frankly, the possibility that such an initiative might be needed to rescue the Treasury market does add an additional, and considerable, threat to the equity markets.” Words: 1052