Shouldn’t we give up and call an end to the entire fake, faulty and corrupt process called government? After all, life’s great if we don’t think about what lies ahead. Let me explain.
The following email was sent to me recently by an anonymous reader:
- none of the projections allows for a normal hard recession in the business cycle,
- worse yet, is the massive unfunded obligations for government employee and military pensions, unfunded Social Security, Medicare and Obamacare subsidies,
- perhaps the most egregious, is the US War Machine’s absolutely voracious appetite for ever larger appropriations in spite of the fact that the US War Machine annually spends the aggregate total of the next ten largest military spending nations combined. Totally unbelievable!
- Last, but certainly not least, is the FED and Treasury policy preference for zero (0) percent interest rates.
- Pray tell, how do our private employee pension plans continue to remain solvent when our plans are forced for ‘prudent investment reasons’ to invest a large percentage in the highest rated ‘investment grade bonds’ which yield virtually no interest income anymore?
- How will our pension plans pay us our pensions in the future?
- Indeed, with a zero interest rate policy, what do all responsible persons do who try to save for their futures by ‘investing’ in CD’s and other fixed rate ‘safe’ investments? Their savings can’t grow and their responsible behavior, designed to take them into and through retirement, is sabotaged by government policy.
The American War Machine has been meticulous over the years in deliberately obfuscating and confusing any discussion by wrapping all things military in the flag, patriotism, protecting and advancing the ideals of American democracy as it is articulated, not practiced.
Appearances are all that seem to matter in our society today. Dying in debt will be common place in the coming years. Fully 21% of Americans say they don’t think they will be able to pay off their debts — including their car, credit cards, student loans and mortgages — in their lifetime. Our debt addict society is dying of an overdose.
A lack of discipline, inability to delay gratification, failure to understand basic mathematical concepts, materialistic envy, absence of critical thinking skills, and a delusional view of the world have left the majority of Americans broke and in debt. Let me explain further.
Sadly, the fiscal and monetary conditions for global economic chaos have now been set in stone. It’s only a matter of time and, unfortunately, that time is short.
An unprecedented global debt bomb threatens to explode at any moment. 24 nations are currently facing a full-blown debt crisis, and there are 14 more that are rapidly heading toward one. The only “solution” under our current system is to kick the can down the road for as long as we can until this colossal debt pyramid finally collapses in upon itself and when it does it will be unlike anything that we have ever seen before.
For decades, the governments of the western world have been warned that they were getting into way too much debt. For decades, the major banks and the big financial institutions were warned that they were becoming way too leveraged and were taking far too many risks. Well, nobody listened so now we get to watch a global financial nightmare play out in slow motion. Grab some popcorn and get ready. It is going to be quite a show. [Let me explain.] Words: 1075
The attempt to solve what was essentially a global debt crisis with mountains of more debt means we will have another global financial crisis – the question is when rather than if – and this will have an impact on our economic recovery and on asset prices and hence the importance of diversification in terms of geography and where and how they are owned.
As we tip-toe near the edge of the third central bank generated financial bust of this century, there is absolutely no way of stopping the crash landing just ahead. Why? Because the central banks are so caught up in their own self-justifying group think that they are utterly incapable of seeing the massive financial derangement all about them – a casino that is blindly impelled to churn the secondary capital markets and inflate the price of existing assets to higher and higher levels until they ultimately roll-over under their own weight. Let me explain.
There exists in the Congress, in the Obama administration, in the media and on Wall Street, a national belief that America can print paper money and grow its economy as its route map out of debt. With annual GDP growth expectations of 2% to 3% over the next several years, this is a completely false hope!
Future business activity will reflect the over-indebted state of the U.S. economy and the world & the inability of the Federal Reserve to initiate policies to promote growth in this environment. If that’s not a pithy, spot-on summary of our sorry situation, I don’t know what is! The details are provided within.
Having given a lot of thought to both the differences and the similarities between Russia and the U.S. – the one that has collapsed already, and the one that is collapsing as I write this – I feel ready…to define five stages of collapse to serve as mental milestones as we gauge our own collapse-preparedness and see what can be done to improve it. Words: 2500