So says Gina Monaco (theloop.ca) in edited excerpts from her original article* entitled Ten ways to manage your money without breaking a sweat.
The following is presented by Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.FinancialArticleSummariesToday.com and www.munKNEE.com and the FREE Market Intelligence Report newsletter (sample here – register here). The excerpts may have been edited ([ ]), abridged (…) and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Monaco goes on to say in further edited (and perhaps paraphrased) excerpts:
You work hard for the money but there’s no reason to work hard managing it. Who doesn’t have better things to do than to sit down, work through a budget and pay the bills so below are some easy ways to manage your personal finances.
- Put your bills on auto-pilot. Writing cheques is a pain. Even going online to pay them may be too much trouble. Most companies have an auto payment plan, so sign up for it. Just make sure you check your bank statement once in a while to make sure everything is working right. If you’re worried about overdrawing your account – get overdraft protection.
- Ditto with your savings – auto it. Set up an auto transfer to your savings account – you won’t miss the money when it sneaks into savings without your sticky fingers catching it first.
- Better yet, if your company has an auto payment set up for a savings vehicle, take advantage of it. You won’t even see the money and you’ll get used to a reduced paycheque
- If all that is still too much work – consider hiring a virtual personal assistant. For a small fee they will do all this tedious work for you…
- Host parties at your place. Guests bring their own food and not all of it gets eaten – so guess where it ends up? Yep, in your fridge.
- Don’t have enough money – ask for more. Don’t look for a side job, ask for a raise. Before you do that, spend a little time researching why you deserve a raise and how to get your boss to agree.
- Buddy up. Some big ticket items don’t make sense to purchase on your own if you’re only going to get minimal use out of it. So maybe hook up with a neighbour or friend to purchase things like ladders, and power tools or even lawnmowers.
- Better yet – just borrow the tools you need but don’t forget to return them in good, clean condition so they owner lets you borrow again.
- Buy the generic brand. Don’t even bother wasting your time comparing prices on everything – just buy the generic brand – they’re usually just as good as the brand name products.
[Editor’s Note: The author’s views and conclusions in the above article are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original post. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor.]
Do you have what it takes to pay off your debts and become comfortable financially or perhaps even rich, even VERY rich? You probably do but don’t know exactly what to do or think your situation is just too dire to possibly turn around. Read the following articles for some encouragement, financial advice and ideas on how to make considerably more income, pay off your debts and possibly even become that millionaire you’ve always wanted to be but didn’t know how to accomplish. Read More »
Frugality often gets a bad rap. Many people misunderstand frugality and assume that it’s nothing more than being “cheap” when, in reality, frugality is making sure that you get the most from the money and resources you have, even if they are limited. [Here are 10 ways to do just that.] Words: 1132
You too can live comfortably and buy the things you want without worrying about how to stretch your income even further — you can even pay off your old bills in the process! Get out there and start making money! Words: 911
Have you ever wanted to host a gold party but didn’t know how to get started? Wondered who to call or even how much money you could make?…[We] make the process very simple for you and alleviate the costs of hosting traditional gold parties Read More »