War cycles – cycles that govern human social interaction on a grand scale, cycles that can be quantified and used to forecast periods of peace and war, periods of civil unrest and international conflict – are now ramping up and converging in the worst possible combination of forces not seen since the late 1800s. In the process they are setting the stage for gold and silver to explode higher with gold going up to well over $5,000 an ounce a few years from now … silver to more than $125 an ounce … and mining shares, to the moon.
The above comments are edited excerpts from an article* by Larry Edelson (swingtradingdaily.com) entitled War Cycles Sending Gold Mining Shares Soaring.
The following article is presented courtesy of Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!), and www.FinancialArticleSummariesToday.com (A site for sore eyes and inquisitive minds) and has been edited, abridged and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
Edelson goes on to say in further edited excerpts
Thus far for June, gold is up an amazing $82, almost 6.7%. Mining shares are doing even better, with the ARCA Gold Bugs Index up 16.7% – and some of my favorite miners are up as much as 40 percent in a mere 20 days. These… market moves tell you that it’s not just us Americans who are worried about the world and starting to buy gold again. The entire investment community — and anyone in their right mind — is worried.
Considering the sorry state of affairs the world is embarking upon that is not surprising. War cycles – cycles that govern human social interaction on a grand scale, cycles that can be quantified and used to forecast periods of peace and war, periods of civil unrest and international conflict – are now ramping up and converging in the worst possible combination of forces not seen since the late 1800s.
These are the cycles that are responsible for all that you are now seeing:
- Russia versus Ukraine and other former Soviet satellites, versus Europe and the U.S.
- The reign of terror in Iraq by…ISIS)…
- Nigeria, where Boko Haram Islamists have killed hundreds of villagers and kidnapped hundreds of women...
- Kenya, where the Al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Shabab terrorist group is responsible for the recent bloodbath that took place in Mpekeoni, a well-known tourist area…
- Pakistan, where more than 70,000 civilians are now homeless refugees, fleeing from government troops who killed 105 militants in North Waziristan’s Shawal area.
- Canada, where a Calgary suicide bomber who killed 19 Iraqis has become a propaganda tool for jihadists, who are urging Muslims to follow his “great example” and threatening Canada to change its “oppressive” foreign policies.
- China, where the Chinese government recently executed 13 people in the Xinjiang region who were found guilty of organizing and leading terrorist groups, as well as murder, arson, theft and other crimes.
- China versus Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, in an international dispute over the Spratly and Senkaku Islands and their vast oil and gas reserves … and where China is claiming territorial jurisdiction, seizing land and waters away from countries, a dispute that will ultimately lead to an international war.
- Then there’s Syria, Yemen, Egypt, Turkey, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Myanmar, Libya, and a host of other countries where violence is rapidly rising.
All told, there are now a record 61 countries involved in wars and 540 militia, anarchist, religious and separatist groups.
Lest you think the turmoil you are seeing is all terrorist-related, or isolated events that do not impact you, think again: The rising war cycles are also about:
- bankrupt, destitute governments that are now acting like caged animals, striking out against their own people by:
- raising taxes,
- engaging in confiscatory wealth measures
- capital controls
- spying on their own citizens
- and more.
Consider [the following]:
- Cyprus’ confiscation of depositor wealth to bail out Cyprus’ banks last March, a policy that has now been embraced and legalized for all of Europe [-and Canada, too!]. Have money in a European bank? Good luck, if it goes under, your money is at risk of being confiscated.
- Poland’s confiscation of retirement accounts last September. Fully half of all private retirement assets transferred to the state without offering retirees any compensation whatsoever.
- France’s 75% income tax. [In addition,]…France’s Marine Le Pen’s Front National is championing a recent report by well-known French economists that concluded that 60 percent of French public debt is illegitimate, sowing the seeds for a French sovereign debt default down the road.
- Argentina, where massive sovereign debts are now unpayable, and confiscatory measures against pensions are now in the planning stage by President Cristina Kirchner.
- Washington’s incessant spying on YOU, all designed to track everything you do, every penny you spend or squirrel away.
In short, all over the globe the rising tide of geo-political unrest is occurring at a pace at which even I underestimated.
Cause of Turmoil
You may think all these conflicts are unrelated, or just the result of religious extremists, or that they have no impact on you but mark my words: look closely…and you will see two common threads:
- Private sector groups rising up against authoritarian, unjust, corrupt and imperialist governments.
- Private sector groups rising up against governments that want to increase taxes or even confiscate wealth while, at the same time, levying austerity measures on its people to slash previously promised benefits.
In lesser developed countries, it’s the result of:
- government corruption,
- imperialistic actions taken by developed countries,
- pillaging of natural resources,
- and more.
Yes, they are shrouded in religious, especially Islamic extremism but when distilled down to the truth, the forces driving them are no different than the forces that are driving the civil and international unrest you are now seeing in developed countries. It’s merely a matter of degree.
An impartial and objective study of the forces that are driving the war cycles higher — wherever in the world they are playing themselves out – can all be distilled down to a great battle between the public and the private sectors.
The above are the chief reasons gold and silver are now starting to explode higher and why gold will likely fetch well over $5,000 an ounce a few years from now … silver to more than $125 an ounce … and mining shares, to the moon.
Editor’s Note: The author’s views and conclusions in the above article are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original post. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor.
*www.swingtradingdaily.com/2014/06/23/war-cycles-sending-gold-mining-shares-soaring/ (Copyright 2014 SwingTradingDaily.com All Rights Reserved)
The pullback I’ve been warning you about in the U.S. equity markets is finally at hand but, once this pullback in the broad stock indices is over, the Dow Jones Industrial will lead the way higher yet again, and catapult to 31,000 over the next three years, with gold reaching $5,000, silver $125 and select individual stocks in the mining sector spinning off gains of 2,000%, 3,000% and even more. No, I’m not out of my mind. Quite to the contrary, I believe I am the one analyst who really understands the forces that are building to enable such to occur. Read on to learn about my enviable track record over the years and specifically why such gains will be realized over the next three years. Read More »
The charts below make it crystal clear that we are on the verge of a major bull market advance across the PM sector. While these charts are for the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF, what happens to the GDXJ has major implications for the whole sector, for the simple reason that it is not going up without the entire sector going up too. Read More »
Get ready for an incredible bounce higher in the gold & silver junior miner sector. Here are five reasons why. Read More »
I am 100% confident that 1) precious metals will bottom this year and resume a new leg to the upside, 2) the extreme emotions right now regarding gold and silver are typical at major turning points and 3) all the underlying fundamental, cyclical and technical conditions for a new bull market in gold and silver are in place. Here’s an update on the latest action in gold, silver, platinum and palladium Read More »
James Turk and John Rubino are well known figures in the gold industry and they’ve just published a new book, ‘The Money Bubble’ in which they argue that the price of gold is about to soar to $10-12,000/ozt. – and silver to $500/ozt. Here’s why. Read More »
Jim Rickards explains in his new book “The Death of Money – The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System” why a US dollar collapse could be coming and why gold would probably emerge at the heart of a new global monetary system as the only money that you can really trust. Read More »
You are going to see the price of gold go up… a lot and it may go up a lot in a very short period of time. It’s not going to go up 10% per year for seven years and the price doubles. It’s going to chug along sideways, maybe in an upward trend, with a lot of volatility. It will have a kind of a slow grind upward… and then a spike… and then another spike… and then a super-spike. The whole thing could happen in a matter of 90 days — six months at the most. Read More »
What will the future top prices for physical gold and silver be? Naturally, no one knows for sure but many analysts have developed interesting models and scenarios as to what the future holds and this article reviews 3 such analyses for your consideration. Read More »
In the last several months, the world economic crisis has entered a new elevated level of perma-crisis and constant tension, widely recognized as something more serious, more dangerous, and more risk-filled. This new normal is neither without resolution nor the attempt to resolve anything and, as such, is why the price of gold will rise to $5,000 per troy ounce, then higher, and at the same time, the silver price will rise multiples higher. Let me explain. Read More »
I am not predicting a future price of gold or the date that gold will trade at $4,000, but I am making a projection based on rational analysis that indicates a likely time period for gold to trade at $4,000 per troy ounce. Yes, $4,000 gold is completely plausible if you assume the following:
According to my 2000 calculations, if interest rates and inflation stay constant over the next 2 years, we could expect to see (with 95.2% certainty) a parabolic peak price for gold of $4,380 per troy ounce by then! Let me explain what assumptions I made and the methods I undertook to arrive at that number and you can decide just how realistic it is. Words: 740
It’s been a tough road for precious metals but the path ahead has strong potential of being significantly profitable and in a short period of time. The buying opportunity that we’ve spoken of for months could be days away. When precious metals equities rebound, they rebound violently. Read More »
We’re invested in gold stocks not just to make money, but for the chance to change our lifestyles and with their lackadaisical [dare I say dismal] year-to-date performance, one may begin to wonder if they’re still going to bring the magic. [Here are my views on the subject.] Words: 740 Read More »
Historically, junior mining stocks tend to fluctuate between extreme boom and bust cycles and, given that we just completed a major bust cycle, the setup for a major rally in gold stocks is right in front of us. Those with the courage to buy low, and the discipline to sell during a frenzy, could quite possibly realize 10-bagger or even 100-bagger returns that could be worth a million dollars or more. Hold on to your hat! Read More »
While the waterfall decline in gold stocks is painful for those of us already invested, the reality is that this is a setup we get a shot at only a few times in our investing life. It’s a cruel irony that those who are fully invested are now faced with the buying opportunity of a lifetime; however, it would be a shame for anyone to miss this blood-in-the-streets opportunity. Read More »
Which gold/silver mining companies own quality undeveloped gold and silver deposits in safe stable countries – and are extremely well managed? Such companies offer exceptional value in that they provide the best exposure to a rising precious metals price environment. Below are a number of things to look for when considering an investment in such companies. Read More »
The outlook for many junior resource companies in 2013 is grim so investors should focus on those who own quality undeveloped gold and silver deposits in safe stable countries. Such companies offer exceptional value in that they provide the best exposure to a rising precious metals price environment – and the assets the world’s mining companies desperately need. [Let me explain.] Words: 1328; Charts: 15 Read More »
The timing of this article may seem incongruous given the current weak performance of gold and gold stocks but that was the identical situation in each of the past manias – both the metal and the equities didn’t excel until the frenzy kicked in. The following documentation (exact returns from specific companies during this era are identified) is actually a fresh reminder of why we think you should hold on to your positions – or start accumulating them, if you haven’t already. (Words: 1987; Tables: 7) Read More »
During 2011 into 2013 I kept a record of those individuals who expected gold to rise substantially in the coming years and presented updated summaries in a number of articles (see links below). Below are additional or recently updated forecasts by 11 prognosticators whose projections are surprisingly consistent, on average, with previous such estimates. Read More »
Lately analyst after analyst (161 at last count) has been climbing on board the golden wagon with prognostications as to what the parabolic peak price for gold will eventually be. That being said, however, only 33 have been bold enough to include the year in which they think their peak price estimate will occur and they are listed below. Take a look at who is projecting what, by when and why. Words: 644
With the stock market up over 20% since we forecast in July, 2012 that we would see the Dow at 20,000…[by the end of the] decade, our forecast seems less ambitious than back then. US stocks are not overpriced or overleveraged, and remain more attractive than at prior peaks. As such, based on current conditions, we now project that…the Dow will reach 20,000 by late 2018. Read More »