Automatically receive the internet’s most informative articles bi-weekly via our free bi-weekly Market Intelligence Report newsletter (sample here). Register in the top right hand corner of this page.
…[The]…visualization [below] charts the minimum income needed for each income percentile, from the top 50% to the top 0.001%. @A Financial Site For Sore Eyes & Inquisitive Minds
- Currently, the combined wealth of the 1% almost surpasses that of the combined wealth of middle-class Americans.
- Even after accounting for inflation, the income needed to reach the top 1% of earners increased 7.2% between 2016 and 2017.
- At the same time, the wealthy have the greatest tax burden. An analysis from Bloomberg shows that the top 1% earned 21% of the country’s income and paid 38.5% of federal income taxes. By contrast, the bottom 90% of earners paid 29.9% of federal income taxes. @Follow the munKNEE
How Much You Need to Earn For the Top Income Percentiles
1. Top 0.001%: $63,430,119
2. Top 0.01%: $12,899,070
3. Top 0.1%: $2,374,937
Percent of Total Income Earned by Top Income Percentiles
1. Top 0.001%: 2.34% of total income
2. Top 0.01%: 5.17% of total income
3. Top 0.1%: 10.52% of total income
Related Articles From the munKNEE.com Vault
How does your household income compare on a percentage basis to others in the U.S.? Are you in the top 2%, 10%, 50%? This calculator shows you exactly where.