You now have the opportunity to get ahead of the game and establish barter relationships in your own community now, before it becomes imperative due to a banking or currency crisis. [This article outlines] all of the information you need to get started conducting business using physical gold and silver.
This is an edited & abbreviated excerpt from an article (see original article* HERE) by Peter Schiff.
You can’t exactly lug gold bars to your local mechanic or farmer’s market, however, and the U.S. Mint removed all of the silver from its coinage decades ago, so how exactly do you conduct business in gold and silver?
We answer that question and highlight a number of readily available options that will allow you to utilize precious metals for everyday, person-to-person transactions on our new Barter Metals page.
Here are a couple of examples:
- the Valcambi CombiBar provides a unique way to barter using small amounts of gold. Often called the pure gold “chocolate bar,” the 99.99% pure gold CombiBar can be broken into small pieces of fractional gold, each stamped with its own weight and purity, perfect everyday business transactions.
- fractional silver rounds provide an easy means to barter. These half-ounce and quarter-ounce rounds are stamped with their weight and purity, making calculating the value easy.
Our new Barter Metals page also tells you:
- how to get started,
- how to find people willing to trade goods and services for gold or silver…
- how to facilitate barter with precious metals,
- how businesses benefit from accepting gold or silver in trade. (In a barter exchange using precious metal, the vendor directly receives real money that will keep its value over time.)
One of the biggest problems keeping individuals and businesses from bartering is agreeing on a value for the different types and sizes of coins/rounds/bars. We’ve solved this problem with an innovative widget that displays a single trade price of an ounce of gold and silver in real time.
Want to know what a ¼ oz silver round is worth at trade price? Just take the price per ounce above and divide by 4. It’s that easy. Making change is easy too, because if an item costs ¼ oz of silver and you pay with 1 oz, the vendor can just give you back 3 ¼ ozs rounds (like spending a dollar and getting 3 quarters as change).
Using silver and gold allows you to bypasses the government monopoly on money and conduct business on sound principles. It undercuts the central planner and puts YOU in control.
*http://schiffgold.com/commentaries/gold-silver-barter-all-you-need-to-know/ (Get Peter Schiff’s latest gold market analysis – click here for a free subscription to his exclusive monthly Gold Videocast.)
Related Articles from the munKNEE Vault:
Precious metals have historically been excellent ways to preserve one’s purchasing power over the long term. However, in today’s world, they do not act well as a medium of exchange. To solve this problem Peter Schiff and his teams worldwide have worked out a totally new service: the first Gold and Silver Debit cards that gives bank customers access to their gold and silver holdings.