The U.S. small cap stocks on our list have been growing earnings per share at more than 75% compounded over the past five years making for a potentially attractive investment opportunity. These stocks have a market capitalization between $100 million – $500 million.
This article is an edited ([ ]) and revised (…) version of the original (written by SmallCapPower.com) to provide you with a faster & easier read. It may be re-posted as long as it includes a hyperlink back to this revised version to avoid copyright infringement.
1. Lee Enterprises, Incorporated (NYSE: LEE)
Lee Enterprises owns various daily newspapers and a joint interest in several others. The Company also owns various weekly newspapers, shoppers, and specialty publications. In addition, Lee provides related Internet services, primarily from the Midwest to the Pacific Northwest United States.
- Market Cap – $127.6 million
- EPS Growth CAGR 5 years (%) – 88.3%
- Price/Earnings ratio – 4.59x
2. Omega Protein Corporation (NYSE: OME)
Omega Protein Corporation produces protein-rich fish meal, fish oil, and solubles. The Company markets a variety of products derived from menhaden, an inedible fish found in coastal waters off the United States mid-Atlantic and Gulf coasts.
- Market Cap – $356.1 million
- EPS Growth CAGR 5 years (%) – 78.9%
- Price/Earnings ratio – 9.46x
3. Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. (Nasdaq: SONA)
Southern National Bancorp of Virginia Inc. is the bank holding company for SonaBank. The Bank acquires deposits from the general public and offers a variety of financial services to commercial and consumer clients. SonaBank’s branches are located in Virginia.
- Market Cap – $378.7 million
- EPS Growth CAGR 5 years (%) – 75.8%
- Price/Earnings ratio – 18.34x
4. Hawthorn Bancshares Inc. (Nasdaq: HWBK)
Hawthorn Bancshares, Inc. is a multi-bank holding company. The Bank offers its customers checking and savings accounts, electronic cash management services, debit cards, certificates of deposit, trust services, brokerage services, and a wide range of lending services.
- Market Cap – $117.1 million
- EPS Growth CAGR 5 years (%) – 109.3%
- Price/Earnings ratio – 14.99x
5. Reading International, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDI)
Reading International, Inc. owns and operates cinemas and develops, owns, and operates real estate assets. Additionally, the company develops, owns, and operates multiplex cinemas and commercial real estates in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Market Cap – $369 million
- EPS Growth CAGR 5 years (%) – 103.9%
- Price/Earnings ratio – 23.85x
munKNEE should be in everybody’s inbox and MONEY in everybody’s wallet!
If you want more articles like the one above sign up in the top right hand corner of this page and receive our FREE bi-weekly newsletter (see sample here).