I came to the conclusion several years ago that it was just a matter of time before the world realized that the relative functionality of the U.S. dollar was about to go belly up – to collapse. [Below is an explanation as to why I have come to that conclusion and what I think it would mean for the well-being of the world.] Words: 881
Were the USD to actually collapse…the entire structure of the world economy would collapse for a period of time…[and] go through cataclysms politically during that period. That usually leads to massive wars, starvation and mass homelessness around the world.
What Would Happen in a USD Collapse?
1. The U.S. and Western economies would all face insolvency simultaneously...
2. The entire Western industrial/consumer/credit economy would fall apart so fast it would make your head spin. The supply chain would stop and stores would empty quickly.
3. The USD would fall over 50% in one week’s time and then temporarily stabilize before its final last gasp…
4. Worldwide currency panic would set in paralyzing what’s left of the world economy which means the ‘emerging markets’ would stop dead too.
5. China would have a revolution, or go into military mode, which would be even worse.
6. A one-world currency would be demanded and implemented.
7. Asia would fare horribly…If Western consumerism goes away, then the entire foundation of the Asia macro economy would instantly crash and stop cold.
- Do you remember what happened that fateful last quarter of 2008, after the Lehman debacle, and the world banking system almost collapsed en masse? Exports from China and Japan for example collapsed over 30%! Don’t think economic demand cannot stop on a dime, because we already had one very scary case of this in 2008. So, all the pundits aside, Asia would get killed too economically. The big question is, could they successfully adapt to a new economic paradigm before they had their own revolutions? I do not think so.
It would be a dark time worldwide.
The comments above are edited ([ ]) and abridged (…) excerpts from the original article by Chris Laird
Thanks for reading! If you want more articles like the one above visit our Facebook page (here) and “Like” any article so you can get future articles automatically delivered to your feed. You can also “Follow the munKNEE” on Twitter or register to receive our FREE tri-weekly newsletter (see sample here , sign up in top right hand corner).
Remember: munKNEE should be in everybody’s inbox and MONEY in everybody’s wallet!