The above are edited excerpts from a promotional piece* by Marijuana Speculator (MarijuanaSpeculator.com) entitled Marijuana Speculator | Your Guide To Publicly Traded Cannabis Stocks.
The following article is presented courtesy of Lorimer Wilson, editor of www.munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) and has been edited, abridged and/or reformatted (some sub-titles and bold/italics emphases) for the sake of clarity and brevity to ensure a fast and easy read. This paragraph must be included in any article re-posting to avoid copyright infringement.
The release goes on to say in further edited excerpts:
The floodgates have opened with companies wanting to participate in many different ways, from growing, to supplying, vending machines, marketing, and all other imaginable services related to this new industry. We refer to the sector as “cannavesting” (can·na·vest·ing ~ verb): to diversify one’s portfolio with a percentage of stocks aimed at the cannabis/marijuana industries and their derivatives.
It could be that those investors now interested in this new and evolving market for marijuana stocks are too young to remember the high-tech ‘internet bubble’ era back in the 1990s, and the historic rise in share prices that topped out in early 2000 but, hey, that’s okay. We are of the opinion that the current market for those companies in the marijuana/cannabis sector can be likened to the early days of the high-tech era and, as such, will offer many chances to create wealth in the coming months and years for those who choose to purchase shares in this new investment sector.
To facilitate investment in this new sector we have just launched a new online service that provides detailed information on 219 publicly traded companies in the booming industries of cannabis/marijuana research, sales and distribution, as well as the myriad component industries that will accompany.
As with any investment service, readers and subscribers must perform their own due diligence and not rely or the words and/or recommendations of others before making any decisions to buy securities. That is exactly what Marijuana Speculator provides to subscribers by bringing in financial content, including charts, news, company information, insider trading and more.
Many of the companies in the marijuana business are under-capitalized and poorly regulated with illiquid shares trading for pennies or fractions thereof suggesting that they are high risk shares and that many will not survive. HOWEVER, within this new investment sector of marijuana / cannabis companies there will be many winners, big winners that will make those investors who perform your own due diligence and/or consult with their financial advisor, coupled with good insight, discipline and diversification, considerable fortunes in the coming years.
A few companies which you may have heard about in the news are GW Pharmaceuticals, Tweed Inc. and Canadian Mining Company.
- GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) has been mentioned frequently by one of the big names on CNBC and is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of cannabinoid based prescription medicines to meet patient needs in a wide range of medical conditions. GWPH currently has a market capitalization of $1.29 Billion.
- Tweed, Inc. (TWD: CA) is a fully owned subsidiary of Tweed Marijuana, a Canadian company licensed to supply an unmatched selection of premium medical marijuana to treat symptoms such as chronic pain, seizures, muscle spasms, nausea and loss of appetite. Tweed has recently purchased the old Hershey chocolate plant in Smith Falls, Ontario, Canada where they grow 8500 marijuana plants and employs about 40 people. Tweed Inc. hopes to one day expand its operation to 50,000 plants. The current market capitalization for TWD is $120 million.
- Canadian Mining Company (CNG: CA) has a unique approach to assist the marijuana industry as testing is being done to ascertain whether zeolite can be used to enhance the growth of the plants and reduce the amount of water required. The current market capitalization is $1.7 million. In full disclosure, we currently own a small share position in CNG. (Zeolite is the ultimate fertilizer manager. In simple terms, zeolite is particularly valuable in holding and slowly releasing valuable nutrients to plants. As a result, it promotes better plant growth by improving the value of fertilizers. Crops grown in soil with zeolite have faster growth rates and higher yields. The more efficient use of minerals already in the soil also means lower fertilizer and water requirements which in turn reduces the amounts of fertilizers leaching into ground water.)
Editor’s Note: The author’s views and conclusions in the above article are unaltered and no personal comments have been included to maintain the integrity of the original post. Furthermore, the views, conclusions and any recommendations offered in this article are not to be construed as an endorsement of such by the editor.
Addendum: What does it mean to be a subscriber?
While we will NOT be holding your hand, our professional team will provide:
- every relevant link to the industry (frequently monitored)
- all necessary research material from which to make competent decisions
- access to a list of all companies publicly trading within the marijuana sector which subscribers can quickly and easily sort by:
- company name,
- percentage change,
- volume and
- market capitalization
- access a wide variety of authors and news feeds on the cannabis/marijuana and related industries,
- access to commentary on companies as available and
- email alerts about potential companies to further investigate….
(Sign up now to begin accessing a list full of opportunities in this exciting new industry and take advantage of our Introductory Offer for an Annual Subscription.)