…There are many compelling reasons why gold should outperform over the coming months.
The original article by Jim Rickards is presented here by munKNEE.com – “ The internet’s most unique site for financial articles! (Here’s why)” – in an edited ([ ]) and revised (…) format to provide a fast & easy read. Visit our Facebook page for all the latest – and best – financial articles!
- Deteriorating relations between the U.S. and Russia will only accelerate Russia’s efforts to diversify its reserves away from dollar assets (which can be frozen by the U.S. on a moment’s notice) to gold assets, which are immune to asset freezes and seizures.
- The countdown to war with North Korea is underway…A U.S. attack on the North Korean nuclear and missile weapons programs is likely by mid-2018.
- Finally, we have to deal with our friends at the Fed. Good jobs numbers have given life to the view that the Fed will raise interest rates next month. The standard answer is that rate hikes make the dollar stronger and are a head wind for the dollar price of gold…[BUT] a weak dollar is the Fed’s only chance for more inflation. The way to get a weak dollar is to delay rate hikes indefinitely, and that’s what I believe the Fed will do – and a weak dollar means a higher dollar price for gold.
Current levels look like the last stop before $1,300 per [troy] ounce. After that, a price surge is likely as buyers jump on the bandwagon, and then it’s up, up and away.
Why do I say that? Because there’s an old saying that “a picture is worth a thousand words.” The chart below is one of the most powerful bullish indicators I’ve ever seen:
The 10-year chart for the dollar price of gold shows that gold prices have been converging into a narrow funnel between two price trends — one trending higher and one lower — for the past six years.
Since gold will not remain in that funnel much longer (because it converges to a fixed price) gold will likely “break out” to the upside or downside, typically with a huge move that disrupts the pattern. At the extreme, this could imply a gold price on its way to $1,800 or $800 per ounce. Which will it be? [Harry Dent say: Mark My Words: “Gold Will Drop To $650-$750 First, Then Soar To $5,000!” ]
The evidence overwhelmingly supports the thesis that gold will break out to the upside because:
- Central banks are determined to get more inflation and will flip to easing policies if that’s what it takes,
- geopolitical risks are piling up from North Korea, to Saudi Arabia, to the South China Sea and beyond,
- the failure of the Trump agenda has put the stock market on edge and a substantial market correction may be in the cards and
- acute shortages of physical gold have also set the stage for a delivery failure or a short squeeze.
Any one of the above developments is enough to send gold soaring in response to a panic or as part of a flight to quality. The only force that could take gold lower is deflation, and that is the one thing central banks will never allow…
Get ready for an explosion to the upside in the dollar price of gold. Make sure you have your physical gold and gold mining shares before the breakout begins.
If you want more articles like the one above sign up in the top right hand corner of this page and receive our FREE bi-weekly newsletter (see sample here).
Related Articles from the munKNEE Vault:
When the markets unravel, as they must, gold will tumble, just like it did in 2008. It’s NOT a safe haven in a deflationary environment…After this cycle has wrapped up and we head into the upward swing of the next one, then gold will soar.
The time is now to diversify into gold. All markets cycle, and a down-cycle for stocks and an upcycle for precious metals is on the doorstep. Take some of your profits and buy some undervalued gold.
Dr. Martin Murenbeeld, chief economist for Dundee Wealth Economics and one of the smartest gold minds around, outlines below his nine bullish arguments for gold.
We are in the eye of the storm and when the other side of the vortex engulfs us gold and silver will increase considerably, their associated stocks will go up substantially and their warrants, where available, will escalate dramatically. With what has happened in the world of late and what will be unfolding in the next 5 years or so those few investors who fully understand the impact the current economic situation is going to have on future inflation, the USD, interest rates, the stock market, physical gold and silver and gold and silver stocks and warrants in particular are going to be in the unique position of being the benefactors of currently unimaginable returns and wealth. All they need do, as I like to say, is “Just prepare and prosper!”
Our review of the best places to buy gold online are dependent on what your goal with the gold is — amassing physical bullion for financial security or to speculate on gold prices. Below are strategies and recommended dealers for each approach.
Because investment professionals are generally well informed, competing in an industry in which performance is king, one would assume any asset class deserving of rightful consideration would enjoy a fair hearing so it begs the question “Why Doesn’t Gold Get The Respect It Deserves?”