What have I been up to over the past 50 years? Well….
- Graduated from Queen’s (Art’s ’64)
- Married in 1968 to Linda, divorced in 1976 – no children
- Married in 1986 to Diana, widowed in 1993 – no children
- Married in 2006 to Maureen – no children
- Live in downtown Toronto
- Worked in Montreal, Winnipeg and Toronto in sales and marketing ending my 20-year corporate career (1964-1984) with a 7-year stint as COO of a subsidiary of a major consumer packaged goods company (bottled orange and grapefruit juices) in Toronto which entailed annual trips to Brazil.
- Worked as a consultant to a number of packaged goods companies before – get this – becoming a broker of sturgeon caviar for 5 years (1990-1995) selling tonnes of caviar annually to customers in Germany and the U.S. I had 2 trips to China visiting the extreme north-east along the shore of the Heilongjiang (Amur) River between China and Russia (Siberia) where the sturgeon were caught and the fish eggs processed. They had never seen a white man up there so I was quite the attraction.
- Worked for the Canadian Executive Service Organization (1997-2002) establishing business linkages between their clients in developing countries and Canadian companies. I then became a volunteer advisor with CESO and had 5-week assignments in Slovakia (snail eggs!) and twice in Sri Lanka (tea).
- Partnered with a Canadian friend in 2012 to set up a joint venture in China but had to step aside when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2014. My partner spends most of his time in China developing the business (the product is a patented heart diagnostic machine) but I have been limited to providing some interim funding. The JV is slowly developing into a profitable enterprise.
- Curled in Winnipeg, Montreal and Toronto up until 1995.
- Wintered in Ajijic, Mexico on the shore of Lake Chapala, from 1997 until 2006 during which time I went hiking daily up the hills there at 5200′ to 5500′. I was in the best shape of my life back then (at the age of 65).
- Established a web site in 2009 (www.munKNEE.com – Your KEY to Making Money!) and started posting my own financial articles and also edited and abridged versions of other authors’ articles and continue to spend a minimum of 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, on the site to this day. I have written/edited 6,000 articles over the last 11 years. I receive anywhere from 1000 – 2000 visits per day.
- Contribute to a financial site called TalkMarkets.com. I specialize in articles on the cannabis stock market, medicinal mushroom stock market and plant based foods stock market writing daily articles (1400 since Jan/16). Check out my articles on my Profile page.
A lot of little things along the way. Was a co-founder of Toronto’s Daily Bread Food Bank (along with David Walsh and others) in 1979/80.
There it is! My life recapped in 458 words.