…Earnings estimates embody analysts’ opinions of factors such as sales growth, product demand, competitive industry environment, profit margins and cost control. Thus, earnings estimates serve as a valuable tool while taking investment decisions. Earnings estimates also help analysts assess the cash flow to determine the fair value of a firm.
The original article has been edited here for length (…) and clarity ([ ]) to provide a fast & easy read.
…The above criteria narrowed down the universe of around 7,839 stocks to only 5. Here are the stocks:
1. LHC Group, Inc. (LHCG) is a health care provider that specializes in the post-acute continuum of care primarily for Medicare beneficiaries in the United States. The company has a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy). The company’s estimated growth rate for this year is 44.6%, compared with the industry’s projected gain of 21.1%.
2. Steel Dynamics, Inc. (STLD) engages in steel products manufacturing and metals recycling businesses in the United States and internationally. The company has a Zacks Rank #2. The company’s estimated growth rate for this year is 56.8% versus the industry’s estimated gain of 28.4%.
3. Zebra Technologies Corporation (ZBRA) designs, manufactures, and sells a range of automatic identification and data capture products worldwide. The company sports a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy). The company’s estimated growth rate for this year is 35.6%, higher than the industry’s expected gain of 29.1%.
4. Landstar System, Inc. (LSTR) provides integrated transportation management solutions in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and internationally. The company has a Zacks Rank #2. The company, which is part of the Transportation – Truck industry, is expected to give a solid return of 40.5% this year.
5. Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) provides technical, engineering, and enterprise information technology (IT) services primarily in the United States. The company has a Zacks Rank #1. The company, which is part of the Computers – IT Services industry, is expected to yield a steady return of 15.6% this year.
Related Articles From the munKNEE Vault:
Which are the key stocks out there right now to boost your portfolio’s second quarter returns? All the 5 stocks below have a ‘Strong Buy’ analyst consensus rating. With that being said, let’s dive in and take a closer look at why these stocks have such a bullish analyst rating right now:
Continued U.S. focused inflationary measures might put pressure on the U.S. dollar, which could send the U.S. dollar gold price higher. Today, we showcase our top 10 junior gold picks for the month of April.
To take advantage of another potential upswing in the market, we have selected 5 cannabis companies, which analysts believe are undervalued. The Canadian marijuana stocks on our list today currently have 100% upside on average according to analysts, indicating that these stocks could post strong returns in the near-term.
I evaluated a lot of different companies this week to determine whether they were suitable for Defensive Investors…or Enterprising Investors…[and] put each company through the ModernGraham valuation model based on Benjamin Graham’s value investing formulas in order to determine an intrinsic value for each. I came up with the following 5 companies that warrant your attention.
Investors on the lookout for stocks with the potential for maximum growth and value investing may consider the growth at a reasonable price or GARP strategy. Using the GARP principle, we have run a screen to identify stocks that should offer solid returns in the near term and have come up with 16 of which 7 are highlighted in this article.
We want to invest in the most profitable companies in the market, and also want to consider companies with superior profitability in comparison with the industry average and the following quantitative ranking system does just that picking the 50 companies with highest quality ranking in the S&P 500 index.
Warren Buffett has revealed the fourth-quarter trades of his $191 billion Berkshire Hathaway Inc. fund. The result: a valuable glimpse into which 3 stocks Buffett likes, and 3 he doesn’t.
InvestingHaven’s research team screened 136 China stocks currently listed in the USA, and selected the top 5 China stocks which are worth considering in 2018.
Small cap stocks are expected to benefit from the tax reform law due to their domestic orientations. We have identified the best small cap mutual funds to take advantage of this.
Today, we have identified 3 gaming stocks with stellar 5-year revenue and earnings growth rates. The earnings per share growth rate of these stocks are greater than their peer averages.