With intraday fluctuations of up to 80% – yes, 80% – the Canadian marijuana stocks on our list create significant day-trading opportunities for those so inclined.
The comments above and below are excerpts from an article by SmallCapPower.com which has been edited ([ ]) and abridged (…) by munKNEE.com (Your Key to Making Money!) to provide a faster & easier read. Register to receive our bi-weekly Market Intelligence Report newsletter (see sample here , sign up in top right hand corner). It’s free, so what the hell. Sign up for it, try it out and if you don’t like it, unsubscribe. It’s that easy.
Circuit breaks are tripped when a stock climbs or falls at least 10% in a five-minute period and the following 5 stocks did more than that going on a wild ride this past Wednesday, causing more than one trading halt in their stock in a single day! I you’re a trader these stocks could be good for you.
1. Canopy Growth Corp. (TSE:CGC) – $11.40
Canopy Growth Corporation, formerly Tweed Marijuana Inc., is a diversified cannabis company. The Company, through its subsidiaries Tweed Inc. (Tweed), Bedrocan Canada Inc. (Bedrocan) and Tweed Farms Inc. (Tweed Farms), is engaged in the business of producing and selling legal marijuana in the Canadian medical market. It is also focusing on producing and selling marijuana in the recreational market in Canada. Its core brands are Tweed and Bedrocan. Tweed’s commercial license covers approximately 168,000 square feet of its Smiths Falls facility and allows Tweed to produce and sell approximately 3,540 kilograms of medical marijuana per year.
- Market Cap: $1,324.88(mm)
- Trade Price High (CAD): $17.86
- Price Open (0D, CAD): $9.75
- Intraday Fluctuation: 83%
2. Aphria Inc. (CVE:APH) – $5.77
Aphria Inc., formerly Black Sparrow Capital Corp., is a Canada-based company, which is engaged in producing and selling medical marijuana through retail sales and wholesale channels. The Company’s retail sales are primarily sold through the Company’s online store, as well as telephone orders. Its wholesale shipments are sold to other Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) Licensed Producers. It offers medical cannabis of various strains, including Kusawa, Tamaracouta, Panache, Churchill and Iroquois.
- Market Cap: $570.54(mm)
- Trade Price High (CAD): $7.79
- Price Open (0D, CAD): $5.19
- Intraday Fluctuation: 50%
3. Aurora Cannabis Inc. (CVE:ACB) – $2.94
Fishing & Farming
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is engaged in the production and sale of medical cannabis. The Company is engaged in the business of producing and distributing medical marijuana pursuant to the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). The Company’s product types include Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Cannabidiole (CBD), indica, sativa and hybrid. Its product range includes BLACK TUSK 2, CHESTER, KAINE and TOWER. The Company is also focusing on other products, which will be available for sale either as pre-milled buds (Borealis Blends) or as whole buds, including ANDROMEDA 2, HAIDUK, SENTINEL, SNOW DOME, STOKES and WARWICK #2.
- Market Cap: $756.70(mm)
- Trade Price High (CAD): $3.95
- Price Open (0D, CAD): $2.65
- Intraday Fluctuation: 49%
4. Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc. (CVE:EMH)- $1.40
Emerald Health Therapeutics, Inc., formerly T-Bird Pharma Inc., is a Canada-based company, which through its subsidiary, Emerald Health Botanicals Inc. (Botanicals), is engaged in the production and sale of medical marihuana. The Company’s segment is production and sales of medical marihuana pursuant to the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- Market Cap: $88.44(mm)
- Trade Price High (CAD): $1.90
- Price Open (0D, CAD): $1.28
- Intraday Fluctuation: 48%
5. Cannabix Technologies Inc. (CSE:BLO) – $0.91
Cannabix Technologies Inc. is a technology development company engaged in marijuana breathalyzer development for law enforcement and the workplace. The Company is engaged in developing drug-testing devices that will detect Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) using breath samples. The Company intends to use its technology to provide detection of use of THC at the roadside to identify drivers intoxicated by the recent use of marijuana. The Company is focused on technology development and intends to carry out prototype development of the Cannabix marijuana Breathalyzer. It has developed a stand-alone desktop sized Beta 1.0 device with a configurable high voltage power supply, which operates on conventional power sources.
- Market Cap: $57.47(mm)
- Trade Price High (CAD): $1.10
- Price Open (0D, CAD): $0.80
- Intraday Fluctuation: 38%
What do you think about the above article? Have your say in the Comment Section below.
- “Like” this article on Facebook
- Have your say on Twitter
- Register to receive our free tri-weekly Market Intelligence Report newsletter (see sample here , sign up in top right hand corner).
- Every day, 7 days a week, I scan hundreds of financial articles, identify the best, and then repost abbreviated versions of them on munKNEE.com.
- I have been doing so for 9 years now and have posted 4,500 articles to date (see archives on Gold & Silver, Investing, Economic & Financial matters and some interesting Miscellaneous articles.)
- The newsletter is free so, what the hell, sign up for it in top right hand corner, try it out and if you don’t like it, unsubscribe. It’s that easy.